Saturday, April 16, 2005

Coffee & Magazines

Dear Readers,
If I'm not out showing property, my favorite thing to do on Saturday morning is head down to the local Hastings store, buy a latte (mocha or vanilla), and sit in one of their easy chairs... and read magazines. Sometimes, I browse through the books (and occasionally buy one)... but I really like to sit and read the latest issue of my favorite magazines, which include Reader's Digest, Writer's Digest, Scrapbooking, and Geneology related publications.

For those of you who don't have a Hastings chain in your area, they have books, magazines, newspapers, music and videos... and they have a little cafe (coffee bar). It's a fun store. I like to sit in an easy chair next to the front door because I get to see people I know when they come into the store. This morning I saw one of my favorite mortgage brokers and a gal I hadn't seen for about 10 years! It's kind of like going to Costco and sitting down for a hot dog. You can just watch the people go by and eventually someone you know goes by... and, generally, several people you know.

Wenatchee isn't a big place, although it's growing fast. I've lived here over 30 years and I can't believe all the growth. But, it's still a place where you can walk down the street or go grocery shopping and almost always see someone you know. It's still a realtively small town, but we have all the necessary services... even a semi-pro baseball team (The Apple Sox). If you want more info about Wenatchee and the surrounding area click here. At the bottom of that page, there are links to the Wenatchee area Chamber of Commerce and the Visitor and Convention Bureau. Also, I invite you to visit my personal web page, which has links to all kinds of local information, including more than you ever need to know about Apples, local golf courses, the Mission Ridge Ski area, Mass Transit Schedules... and alot more. Wenatchee has a very diverse economy with the 5 major employers being:
Agriculture (apples, cherries, pears, peaches, and a growing grape (for wine) industry)
Hydroelectric power production (we have several dams within a short radius)
Aluminum production (ALCOA)
Medical Services
Government (city, state, and federal)

Tourism is also a big business here. Since the mighty Columbia River runs right through the heart of Wenatchee, we have alot of riverfront parks & trails... and over 100 campgrounds within a 75 mile radius. We have hiking, hunting, fishing, skiing and a plethora of other activities available on the spur of the moment. Since we are centrally located in the state and have 350 days of sunshine a year, Wenatchee is a popular spot for conferences and sporting events and tournaments.

More later...

Carol
Realtor, ABR, e-PRO, GRI, REI
http://TopPropertiesWenatchee.com
Carol@TopPropertiesWenatchee.com



Search Engine Submission & Optimization

No comments: